Trolling, Casting and Flyfishing Adventures
Hello! I’m Rob Hewer, your host and guide here at Spirit of the North.
I’m proud to say that for the past 40 years I have made my home on the shores of beautiful Lake Laberge, in Canada’s Yukon Territory. Fishing is my passion, and in 2012 I celebrated my 26th year as a professional fishing guide.
Let me tell you about our fishing trips and what makes them so special:
- The Yukon is one of the last pristine, unpolluted and largely unpopulated wilderness areas left in the world.
- Here it is still possible to catch a fish with almost every cast, while watching a moose go by!
- Our fishing season is from the end of May until mid October.
- On our Yukon fishing trips you will not be fishing with other boats – these are true wilderness adventures. Low fishing pressure = great fishing. It’s a simple equation summed up as an unforgettable experience.
- Even on our 1-day trips, we fish both Lake Laberge (30 miles long) and the famous 30 Mile section of the Yukon River, which drains the lake to the north. That variety means that you typically will catch trophy Lake Trout, Northern Pike and Arctic Grayling in a single day – a true fishing adventure!
- We provide a sumptuous shore lunch, cooked on a remote beach over an open fire. Your fresh-caught fish will be part of an unforgettable meal (to see some of our fish recipes, click here).
- We use the finest in boats and gear, with the latest in hi-tech fish finders and downriggers. As of 2005, we use only whisper-quiet, non-polluting Suzuki 4-stroke motors.
- We have experienced, licenced, mature guides who know these waters better than anyone else in the North.
- We offer an exciting range of trips to suit the needs of every angler, from ½-day to multi-day fishing adventures. On multi-day trips, you can choose to come back to a comfortable lakeside cabin and hot meal every night, or camp out for some or all of your adventure.
- Even on day trips, you can troll for Lake Trout, cast for Northern Pike and fly fish for Arctic Grayling. Other species such as inconnu and whitefish are often caught as well.
- Click here to read what some of our clients have said about their fishing trips with us (some great photos, too!), and here for an exciting story about a trip with us, posted on the ExploreNorth Web site. There’s no need to worry about weather, either – the Yukon is noted for its warm, dry summers (click here to see Yukon weather averages from years past). For information on what you need to bring with you on a trip with us, see our gear list.We offer custom-tailored fly fishing adventures from ½-day to multi-day outings. Let us design a Yukon adventure for you!
- We supply all your fishing gear, tackle and flies.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after. — Henry David Thoreau
Our trip down Lake Laberge to the famous Thirty Mile River (part of the Yukon River) provides what many people feel is the finest Arctic Grayling fly-fishing in the North. The water is crystal clear here, and you can watch the fish rise to your fly from depths of six to eight feet. You can also drift fish the river, either casting from the boat or from one of the canoes that we carry on top of the boat.
Some of our fishing adventures:
- Premier fly fishing trip for Arctic Grayling (1-3 days)
- Premier fly fishing trip for Lake Trout, Northern Pike & Arctic Grayling (1-7 days)
- “The Northern Angler” (1-7 days)
- Custom combination fishing and canoeing trips.
We look forward to helping you discover the joys of Yukon fishing.
- Multi-day trips: $350 per person per day, which includes your guide, rods and tackle, all meals, airport transfers, accommodations in the cabin at our lodge, and camping gear if requested (minimum 2 people – single-person rates on request). All you need to bring are your waders, your camera and a smile!
- Full-day trips: $275 per person (minimum 2 people – single-person rates on request). Day trips include:
- sumptuous shore lunch
- rods & tackle
- ½-day trips: $205 per person (minimum 2 people).
- Prices are in Canadian dollars. Prices do not include 5% GST.
- We can build a custom trip to suit your individual wishes – please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Booking information
We look forward to fishing with you!
Got more fish? You bet we do – there’s lots for everybody!!
For multi-day fishing guests, accommodations in this cabin are included.
For multi-day fishing guests, meals are served in the lodge beside the cabin.
A sportsman’s dreamland – Lake Laberge!